Welcome to the sixth prompt for our Bi-weekly Haiku Contests.
Our next prompt is meant to celebrate our mothers for the upcoming mother’s day.
Write a haiku poem based on the images above. Take inspiration from them and write your poem.
(click here to read on how to write haiku)
- This is a haiku contest. Find out what a haiku is before you submit. Limericks, acrostics, free verse, etc. do not count.
- Your entry must follow the haiku structure of 5-7-5 rules
- Feel free to title your haiku. Titles are not part of the 17-syllable-count requirement for the poem.
- Check your spelling.
- Only one entry per person
- Poems that will be accepted can be only newly written poem based on our prompts.
- The poem should be your own.
- No late entries. Submit your entry on time.
- You need to fill up the form provided below to submit your entry.
- We encourage all individuals to share this contest [not mandatory]
- For wattpad users, you must add this book to your reading lists.
OFFICIAL RULES – NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
If you have any questions, comment below and it will be answered.
The top three haiku will be selected by a panel from Earnesty Community. All decisions made by the panel are final. Entries will be evaluated based on the judging criteria here.
- Poem published here and on our Instagram account
- Poem featured in our Bi-yearly Haiku anthology [an anthology that is sold on Amazon and other outlets to get you a little something. Details of how it works will be sent to you]
- For wattpad users, your poetry book will be added to our reading list and a winning sticker for your book.
- Your profile listed on our website as a winner.
Other prizes will be added as we get more sponsors.
Submission is from now to 12:00 PM GMT on 5th May, 2019
Judging starts from 6th May 2019 to 12th May 2019
Contest winners will be announced on 12th May and a new contest will be started.